Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find an operator's manual?
Type the item number in the product search window to obtain all the related information. The owner's manuals are in PDF format.
What is California Proposition 65 Compliance?
California’s Proposition 65, officially known as the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act, is intended to protect the state’s drinking water sources from contaminants that may be harmful. It has recently been amended, and the change that impacts Vollrath requires more specific labeling for some of our products that contain chemicals identified in Proposition 65.
To learn how Vollrath strives to exceed regulatory requirements CLICK HERE
Where can I purchase service parts?
What is not covered by warranty?
Knives and slicer blades
Glass, including breath guard glass
Calibration and setup of gas equipment
Cutting board surfaces
How long is my warranty?
Please refer to the Vollrath warranty page for details.
Why do I need to contact Vollrath Technical Service directly for warranty assistance?
Technical Services has a high level of product knowledge and may be able to diagnose and
resolve the issues with the end user, often over the phone. Vollrath will also be able to match
the customer with the closest and best service agency available to help them.
What is the procedure to have warranty service on my Vollrath product?
WARRANTY PROCEDURE: All warranty claims will start with a call to the Vollrath Technical
Service support line. (800-628-0832)
A technical support professional will work with you to diagnose the issues and provide
the details for the service solution. You must have the product in front of you when calling.
The following information is REQUIRED for processing warranty service requests:
- Name of person calling
- Phone number of person calling
- Business name
- Business street address, city, state & zip code
- Item number & serial number
- Date of purchase
- Proof of purchase (Receipt)
- Name of dealer where unit was purchased
- Credit card information
NOTE: Vollrath will not accept products sent without the proper procedure being followed.
TO MAKE A CLAIM FOR ANY REMEDY UNDER THIS WARRANTY, YOU MUST REGISTER YOUR WARRANTY.
REGISTER ONLINE TODAY
Register your warranty online now on our Product Registration page.
NO WEB ACCESS
If you do not have access to the web, kindly register by completing the
warranty registration form and faxing it to The Vollrath Co. LLC office in the country of
Why does Vollrath request proof of purchase for a warranty claim?
The proof of purchase allows us to validate the time of ownership. Warranty begins on the date
of the original purchase. There are times when the serial number may indicate the
manufacturing date is prior to the purchase date.
Return Authorizations must be requested for all returns. Product returned without prior
authorization from Seller’s Sheboygan office WILL BE REFUSED.
- Requests for returns of merchandise (other than defective merchandise) must be made within 90 DAYS of the VOLLRATH INVOICE DATE. PURCHASE ORDER NUMBER or VOLLRATH INVOICE NUMBER MUST BE PROVIDED when requesting the authorization.
NO RETURN AUTHORIZATION will be issued unless Purchase Order Number or Vollrath Invoice Number is provided.
- A restocking charge applies as follows:
- Merchandise less than $100 value = $25 restocking charge.
- Merchandise more than $100 value = 25% restocking charge.
- Return shipment must be shipped prepaid to Vollrath
- Return Authorization Number must be marked on all returned cartons.
- Returns are accepted only on current merchandise found in original carton and in new and saleable condition. Merchandise returned that is in partial case lots, used, obsolete, or shelf-worn will be disposed of and credit WILL NOT be issued.
- The following items may not be returned:
- product purchased in broken case quantities
- custom smallwares
- custom plate covers
- custom graphic food/soup merchandisers
- custom countertop equipment
- breath guards
- Cayenne® Heat Strips and Light Strips
- modular drop-ins
- ServeWell® products
- Affordable Portable™ products
- SIGNATURE SERVER® products
- custom V-Class products
Still don’t see the answer you were looking for? Try one of these additional options.